Our Parenting World, Gor Gor is at one of the favourite places for families and children in Singapore, which is the Singapore Zoo! It is the world’s best rainforest zoo. We are very excited to be here to find out about the launch of ZooMoo.
The stage is beautifully decorated to announce the launch of ZooMoo which is Asia’s first pre-school channel dedicated to learning about animals and the world around them.
Mr Lee Meng Tat, CEO, Wildlife Reserves Singapore, Mr Tan Tong Hai, CEO of StarHub and David Haslingden, CEO of ZooMoo Networks unveiled the Singapore debut of ZooMoo on StarHub TV, Asia’s first kids channel fully dedicated to wildlife. ZooMoo is a learning network that is all about animals, all the time. It will encourage and inspire children to develop a knowledge and affection for animals, leading to a lifelong love of conservation.
The ZooMoo Network comprises of specially designed short-form programs using a wide range of story-telling techniques including puppetry, animations, games, music, puzzles, activities and world class natural history footage to create an unique viewing and learning experiences for little viewers age 3 to 7 years old. This unique combination is the key to keep children learning and laughing.
Gor Gor trying out the ZooMoo app.
Another unique feature of the channel is the revolutionary ZooMoo app. The free app is synchronized to the broadcast enabling the tablet to become an extension of the television screen. ZooMoo viewers can automatically collect every animal they encounter on the TV screen and bring them to life on their tablet or smart phone. This gives kids a genuine second screen experience where they can collect, play and learn. The app is available for free download from the App Store and Goggle Play.
ZooMoo team has organised lots of activities to keep the kids occupied and have a feel of the ZooMoo app which Gor Gor and other children have the opportunity to experience it. Gor Gor finds it very easy to use and he learns a lot about different animals by playing with the app. It is user friendly and aim to educate the children more about the animal kingdom.
Gor Gor also get to meet the furry cast of ZooMoo, he was even kissed and hugged by them. Aww …
Besides the adorable furry cast, Gor Gor gets to see and feel the falabella horse. Gor Gor wanted to take a photo of this beautiful miniature horse to show Di Di as Di Di loves horses and he has not seen a miniature one before.
More information about ZooMoo, it is available on StarHub TV Channel 306 in both Standard and High Definition (HD). Parents can also take learning on the go with StarHub TV Anywhere on their laptops, tablets and smartphones.
A free preview will be held for all StarHub TV subscribers for six weeks until 15 May 2014. Thereafter, StarHub TV customers can continue to enjoy the channel for $6.42 (w/GST) per month. A HD set-top box is required to view the channel in HD.
What makes this channel extremely cool
- It explores the animal world and allows children to develop a knowledge and affection for animals, leading to a lifelong love of conservation.
- First channel to create an innovative programming approach that best engages with kids.
- Multi-screen, allows kids to be fully immersed and engaged in programming with a combination of TV and iPad (real-time transitions using Shazam technology).
- Made up of short programs using animation, puppetry, music and natural history footage in conjunction with the Singapore Zoo. Formulated with the guidance of top educational experts it is the first channel in Asia with this unique focus.
- Uses local talent (a lot of the puppeteers are Singaporean), and it’s filmed with a lot of the animals from the Singapore zoo.
- Filmed and produced in Singapore.
Please click HERE for more information.