Giveaway Alert! we are giving away one pair of passes (1 Adult + 1 Child) to the National Geographic’s Ocean Wonders Children’s Workshop for our readers worth S$295. To find out more about the workshop and to participate in the giveaway, please read on.
This article was first published on 11 March 2018:
Resorts World Sentosa is launching two brand new experiences that children as well as the whole family can look forward to. It will be an exciting and educating experiences for all to spend a meaningful time together!
Search for the Junior Maritime Explorer
Maritime Experiential Museum at Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) has recently opened its door after 9 months of extensive overhaul and reconceptualisation, this is the newest attraction at RWS. The museum is the only one of its kind in Singapore dedicated to the exploration of the iconic Maritime Silk Route.
Now aspiring explorers can join the four legendary seafarers, they are Marco Polo, Sang Nila Utama, Ibn Battuta and Zheng He on an adventure along the Maritime Silk Route. There are a total of 15 immersive galleries including five brand new zones, the attraction holds a combination of state-of-the-art visual projections, multimedia shows, olfactory experiences and plenty of stunning Instagram-worthy displays.
You can get hands-on tying classic mariners’ knots at the Learning To Navigate chamber.
Have fun superimposing a variety of outfits at an interactive photo corner, and you can email these photos to yourself as keepsakes.
Learn how to use the map and navigate your ship from the starting point to the end.
Find out more about the Jewel of Muscat, an Arabian ship with a crew of 15 made a tumultuous 138-day voyage from Oman to Singapore in 2010 using ancient navigational methods.
Ahoy! Young explorers, you can get hands on building your own ship using recycled materials.
I am working on using recycled materials to build a ship that can float.
Bravo! Well done, young explorers! We love your ships!
Let’s head on to Typhoon Theater for an exciting multi-sensory experience which simulates a sinking ship in a treacherous storm. Maritime Experiential Museum’s Typhoon Theatre is a must-see anchor attraction, simulating your fate in troubled waters, letting guests face the wrath of the sea before descending into the depths of the dark, blue, ocean. To find out more about the newly-revamped Maritime Experiential Museum, please visit http://ourparentingworld.com/discover-the-newly-unveiled-maritime-experiential-museum-at-resorts-world-sentosa/
Be a Junior Maritime Explorer at Maritime Experiential Museum – Additional Information
Kids aged 7 to 12 years can sign up to become a Junior Maritime Explorer, be a star reporter who will be the voice of maritime adventures, and appear on TV. To join this contest, participants can submit a short news-report-style video on a maritime event, or even on the museum itself. One grand prize winner will get to meet and interview National Geographic Explorer Erika Bergman, bring her on a tour of the Maritime Experiential Museum, and be featured in a National Geographic video along with Erika. This contest is held in partnership with National Geographic.
More information can be found at http://juniormaritimeexplorer.com/
For more information on the programmes at Resorts World Sentosa’s attractions, please visit www.rwsentosa.com/march-holidays
Travel into National Geographic’s Ocean Wonders at S.E.A. Aquarium (10 March to 20 May)
Head over to S.E.A. Aquarium to learn more about the largest, fastest and other amazing marine species at National Geographic’s first ever Ocean Record Breakers exhibition.
Sand tiger shark
Find out more about the featured animals such as the sand tiger shark, the aquarium’s newest resident famed for its rows of ragged teeth and vicious appearance.
In addition, shutterbugs can embark on a photography adventure. During the photo trail, guests will receive pro-tips on how to capture stunning aquarium images even without an underwater camera, and can upload their photos onto Instagram to stand a chance at winning attractive prizes.
Take a picture of the featured animals in S.E.A. Aquarium and upload to your Instagram account to win attractive prizes. Simply do the following:
– Tag S.E.A. Aquarium @rwsentosa
– Hashtag #rwsoceanwonders
– Remember to set your profile to public!
Families with kids can participate in the first ever National Geographic Ocean Exploration Children’s Workshop to learn what it takes to be a great explorer, and understand the most important global factors for ocean conservation.
This full-day programme is the only maritime and marine conservation children’s workshop in Singapore and features guided tours, exclusive documentary screenings and interactive activities at both S.E.A. Aquarium and the revamped Maritime Experiential Museum.
More information can be found at www.rwsentosa.com/oceanwonders
Follow us on the next brand new experience that is happening at Universal Studios Singapore, step into the colourful world of DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls with TrollsTopia at Universal Studios Singapore, and go on a journey filled with music, heart and hair-raising adventures! The entire family is sure to enjoy all-new shows with catchy music from the Trolls soundtrack, interactive virtual reality games, and a glitter-filled party!
Our Parenting World (OPW) team will be bringing you to the TrollsTopia at Universal Studios Singapore, to find out more, please visit http://ourparentingworld.com/enter-the-happy-and-colourful-world-of-dreamworks-trollstopia-at-universal-studios-singapore/
Good News! Giveaway Alert! National Geographic’s Ocean Wonders Children’s Workshop Learning comes alive at this fun, interactive and hands-on full-day workshop! This is Singapore’s first-ever marine science and maritime exploration children’s workshop, specially designed for children aged 7 – 12. Through guided tours, exclusive documentary screenings and interactive activities at both S.E.A. Aquarium and the revamped Maritime Experiential Museum, children will learn what it takes to be a great explorer, and understand the most important global factors for ocean conservation. We are giving away one pair of passes (1 Adult + 1 Child) to the National Geographic’s Ocean Wonders Children’s Workshop for our readers worth S$295. About the workshop: It’s a full-day workshop (9am – 6pm) with activities in both S.E.A. Aquarium and Maritime Experiential Museum. The workshop is specially designed for kids age 7-12. To win, please visit our Facebook Page at Hurry, giveaway will close on 16 April 2018 at 23:59Hr Thank you and Good Luck! 🙂
To find out more about the workshop, please visit
Giveaway Closed and Winner Announced, please refer to our Facebook Page for winner’s details at
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the giveaway contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The rules of the giveaway contest and how to enter are as follows:
1) The prize is as stated, subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsors. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes. The prize will be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other products/dates/times. The sponsors reserve the right to amend the competition, substitute any prize or with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
2) All participants have the opportunity to win as long as you have completed and fulfilled all the steps required by the giveaway contest. Please make sure your likes and shares are set to public for verification purposes. Incomplete entries and fake accounts will be disqualified at the discretion of the organisers.
3) Winners of past giveaways in the last one month will not qualify for this giveaway, please wait till after one month from the date that you have won to participate in the current giveaways.
4) Giveaway contest is open to all Singapore residents with a valid Singapore mailing address
5) The organiser (ourparentingworld.com) is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the giveaway contest by the sponsors.
6) Winners will be notified by email /Facebook/Instagram after the contest has ended. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and or pick a replacement winner.
7) The organiser reserves the right to cancel the contest if circumstances arise outside of its control.
8) The sponsor’s and the organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) Other terms & conditions applied.