Fans of Hong Kong Movies will be familiar with Karl Maka and Raymond Wong Pak-Ming, both well-known Hong Kong Directors and also once known for their comedic roles on the big screen, the two veteran actors will be taking on new images through the characters of Ma Shi Zeng and Xue Jue Xian respectively in this new musical, The Coquettish Diva!
Not only is “The Coquettish Diva” Maka’s first play, both he and Wong Pak-Ming will be singing several famous opera tunes live. This play is definitely not to be missed!
“The Coquettish Diva” produced by Spring-Time Experimental Theatre, will debut in Singapore on 14 October 2017, at Kallang Theatre. The Cantonese play directed by Clifton Ko Chi-Sum (Hong Kong film director, actor, producer and scriptwriter) narrates the life of Hong Xian Nu, the renowned Cantonese opera actress, and pays tribute to her dedication and undying pursuit of the arts.
The starring lady of the play, Su Chun Mei, is not only the disciple of Hong Xian Nu, she was also the lead actress of the Guangzhou Hong Dou Cantonese Opera Troupe and Shenzhen Cantonese Opera Troupe. Su Chun Mei has spent years studying her Master’s art of Cantonese Opera, and has received numerous awards. Audience from at home and abroad who have watched her perform never fail to sing praises of her interpretation of this traditional art form.
This is an opportunity to watch Karl Maka and Raymond Wong Pak-Ming live on stage instead of watching them on-screen! Audience will enjoy Su Chun Mei’s rendition of the famous Hong Xian Nu.
“My life belongs to arts, my arts belong to the people”, this is the true belief of Cantonese Opera Grandmaster, Hong Xian Nu.
“The Coquettish Diva” is promoted by Asia Arts & Culture, Spring-Time Productions (Singapore) and Shining Entertainment Investment.
The Coquettish Diva Musical will be showing in Singapore for one night only!
Show Date and Time:
Saturday, 14 October 2017 *
Standard : S$128, S$108, S$88, $68, S$48
Box A – F: S$48
To find out more and to purchase the tickets at Sistic, please visit
Good News! Thanks to Shining Entertainment Investment! We have a pair of tickets to giveaway for the lucky winner and partner to watch The Coquettish Diva – Cat 2 tickets, total worth $216, (excluding SISTIC fee) on Saturday, 14 October 2017 at 8pm! Here’s how to enter the giveaway: 4) COMMENT on this website post at the Comment Box below, simply tell us when is The Coquettish Diva Musical being performed? Hint: Answer is at the sign marked * Hurry, giveaway will close on 8 October 2017 at 23:59Hr. The lucky winner will be chosen at random and announced through Website and Facebook. Please ensure that Step 1, 2, 3 and 4 are completed in order to qualify for the giveaway. Winner please kindly confirm your prizes within 24 hours of announcement of your winning on our Website and Facebook page. Thank you and Good Luck! 🙂
Giveaway Closed and Winner Announcement – 10 October 2017
Dear Valued Readers,
Thank you so much for your participation in the giveaway!
Drumroll … We are pleased to announce the lucky winner is Gladys Tiyo.
Congratulations! Please also refer to Our Parenting World Facebook announcement. We will be contacting you for your prizes collection.
Thank you to our kind sponsor, Shining Entertainment Investment for the fabulous prizes to our readers!
Thank you to each and every one of you, please stay tuned to our coming giveaways! 🙂
Terms and Conditions
Entry into the giveaway contest will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. The rules of the giveaway contest and how to enter are as follows:
1) The prize is as stated, subject to change and fulfillment by the sponsors. Winners are not allowed to change the prizes. The prize will be non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for other products/dates/times. The sponsors reserve the right to amend the giveaway contest, substitute any prize or with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
2) All participants have the opportunity to win as long as you have completed and fulfilled all the steps/requirements specified on the giveaway contest. Please make sure your likes and shares are set to public for verification purposes. Incomplete entries and fake accounts will be disqualified at the discretion of the organisers.
3) Winners of past giveaways in the last one month will not qualify for this giveaway, please wait till after one month from the date that you have won to participate in the current giveaways.
4) Giveaway contest is open to all Singapore residents with a valid Singapore mailing address
5) The organiser (ourparentingworld.com) is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with the giveaway contest and by the sponsors.
6) Winners will be notified by email /Facebook/Instagram after the contest has ended. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and or pick a replacement winner.
7) The organiser reserves the right to cancel the contest if circumstances arise outside of its control.
8) The sponsor’s and the organiser’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the giveaway contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9) Other terms & conditions apply.