Get ready for the Best Year Ever as Nickelodeon celebrates 20 years of SpongeBob SquarePants!
Together with Singtel, Nickelodeon pays a year-long tribute to one of the most iconic TV series and characters ever created. From a SpongeBob special and a 48-hour marathon of best-of episodes to a sponge-rific anniversary party and more, this will be the Best Year Ever for SpongeBob fans with lots to look forward to and exciting goodies to be won!
SpongeBob SquarePants launched on 17 July 1999, and has reigned as the number-one kids’ animated series on TV for the last 17 years, generating a universe of beloved characters, pop culture catchphrases and memes, toys and merchandise, movies, a Tony award-winning Broadway musical, and legions of fans across the world.
The Best Birthday Blowout Ever
To celebrate 20 years of SpongeBob on air, fans are in for a treat with a slew of SpongeBob programming starting with a Best Moments Ever Special from 1-5 July, 4pm, featuring the most memorable episodes through the years. The laughs keep on coming with the Best 48 Hours Ever, a Sponge-athon with your favourite Bikini Bottom friends on 13-14 July. And if you still can’t get enough, from 26 July – 11 August, tune in to the SpongeBob 20 Pop Up channel (Singtel TV channel 241) – a 24-hour channel dedicated to SpongeBob and his pals from Bikini Bottom. Catch the SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout which will premiere exclusively on the SpongeBob 20 Pop Up channel on Friday, 26 July, 1pm (encores the same day at 4pm and 9pm). Find out what adventures await the eccentrically optimistic SpongeBob and his best pal Patrick in this original mixed live-action and animated one-hour special as they journey to the surface world and come across a few familiar characters during lunchtime rush at The Trusty Slab restaurant. The pop-up channel, available to all Singtel subscribers and on CAST, will also feature the most iconic SpongeBob episodes and specials such as The Legends of Bikini Bottom and Runaway Roadtrip.
The Best Party Ever
SpongeBob fans, arr ya ready for the Best Party Ever? Nickelodeon is partnering with Singtel to bring the underwater world of Bikini Bottom to life at the first-ever Nickelodeon SpongeBob PartyPants event at Our Tampines Hub (Arena@OTH), 27-28 July! Admission is free. Singtel customers will get a headstart on the party happenings with a first-day exclusive on 27 July. Verification can be done on-site.
How to party like a Bikini Bottom citizen:
• Daily Opening Special: What can be better than a giant Krabby Patty cake to kick off the celebrations?
• Bikini Bottom for the ‘gram: Let loose at iconic landmarks like SpongeBob’s Pineapple House, Plankton’s Chum Bucket, Sandy’s Treedome and a Snail Park!
• More than 10 party game stations: Fulfill your spongey dreams of competing in a Jellyfishing race, get into the slimiest ice-cream fights at Goofy Goober’s, hop around Goo Lagoon, or serve some hungry diners at The Krusty Krab. Look out for the Flying Dutchman, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, and your one-and-only chance of getting a driving license at Mrs Puff’s Boating School!
• YASS to free goodies: To mark the occasion, free collectible The Krusty Krab take-out bags will be given out to participants who complete the game stations, while stocks last.
• Dance-off at Conch Street: Catch character appearances throughout the day and participate in the stage games for a chance to win passes for photo moments with SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward. Show off your Jellyfish Jam moves at the Bubble Party.
• Get dressed in this season’s colour: In true SpongeBob fashion, come dressed in yellow or as your favourite SpongeBob character and the best PartyPants outfits will win sponge-tastic prizes!
• SpongeBob movie screening: After an in-krab-dible day, sit back and unwind with The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water at 7.30pm on Sunday, 28 July, at Our Tampines Hub’s Festive Plaza.
• Early bird mystery gifts: Be the first 300 guests each day to unlock a mystery gift by playing the ‘SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob Run’ game on the free Nickelodeon Play app. Simply obtain at least one golden pickle within the game, take a screenshot and show it at the Mystery Gift counter to redeem your gift! Limited to one gift per person per device. While stocks last.
Mark your calendar because rain or shine, #SpongeBobPartyPants will go on:
o Date: Saturday, 27 July 2019 (Singtel subscribers only1) and Sunday, 28 July 2019 (open to all)
o Time (Free Admission): 11am-7pm
o Movie screening: 7.30pm-9pm, on Sunday, 28 July, at Our Tampines Hub’s Festive Plaza
o Venue: Our Tampines Hub (Arena@OTH), 1 Tampines Walk, Singapore
Some Spongey reminders:
✓ Bring an extra set of clothes
✓ Bring covered shoes (covered shoes may be required for certain games; some games may require that shoes are removed)
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/nick-asia
Nickelodeon and Singtel are going to paint the town yellow by bringing SpongeBob to commuters and customers! The lovable yellow sponge will make an appearance with a bubbly surprise at SpongeBobthemed 3D bus shelters at Plaza Singapura and Vivocity.
Customers at Singtel stores can try out the interactive motion SpongeBob BubblePop game, from 6-21 July at the Singtel Waterway Point and Northpoint stores; and from 8-21 July at ION Orchard. The SpongeBob BubblePop game will also be at a Bugis roadshow on the weekend of 6-7 July. Participants stand to win instant limited-edition SpongeBob inflatables or take part in the exclusive contest to win a family trip to Nickelodeon Land at Sea World, Gold Coast Australia. Contest details are available on singtel.com/spongebob20.
20th Anniversary Celebrations in Asia
SpongeBob’s 20th Anniversary celebrations are underway across Asia. During the Hari Raya season, SpongeBob celebrated with fans in Paradigm Mall Johor Bahru in Malaysia with a gigantic inflatable which made it into the Malaysia Book of Records as the biggest inflatable cartoon character in the country. In the Philippines, Nickelodeon is partnering with Secret Fresh – a collective of Filipino artists representing a variety of mediums, including graffiti, paintings and sculptures, art toys, street wear fashion, furniture and other innovations of classic and modern designs combined – who re-imagine SpongeBob and create limited-edition art, figurines and prints. Japan will be kicking off celebrations at Tokyo Summerland, one of the largest waterparks in Japan; while in China, Nickelodeon is collaborating with internationally renowned artists whose unique creations will be available for sale at an exhibition pop-up in Shenyang’s MIXC mall. There will also be publishing and merchandise collaborations with Johnny Lau (creator of Singapore’s Mr Kiasu) and Faza Meonk (creator of Indonesia’s Si Juki) later this year.
SpongeBob SquarePants is currently seen in 208 countries and translated into more than 55 languages. The series is created by Stephen Hillenburg. Marc Ceccarelli and Vincent Waller serve as coexecutive producers. SpongeBob SquarePants is produced by Nickelodeon in Burbank.
SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout
In addition, SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout will be screened on 26 July, Friday, 1pm with encores on the same day at 4pm and 9pm.