The 6th edition of DBS Marina Regatta (DBSMR), Singapore’s Biggest BayFest, returns with high-octane thrills and spills on land and water.
From 1 to 4 June 2017, the regatta will be packed with a slate of unmissable activities to take outdoor enthusiasts, fitness lovers and partygoers alike from day to night, while watching the region’s top dragon boating teams battle it out against the iconic Marina Bay skyline for Asia’s highest prize purse of SGD 134,000.
Visitors can look forward to unique new experiences with the debut of Singapore’s largest giant inflatable water obstacle course and Singapore’s largest interactive art dome and exciting highlights as follows:
1) Bay Beach – Pop-up Urban Beach: Singapore’s only urban pop-up beach will be returning to DBS Marina Regatta bigger and bolder this year.
2) Potato Head’s Coconut Bar: Famed Bali beach club Potato Head will bring their legendary Coconut Bar to Singapore for the first time, complete with their signature uber fresh coconut cocktails & beers. Potato Head’s delicious Three Buns gourmet burger restaurant will also feature this year.
3) lululemon workout classes: lululemon will curating their globally popular classes, featuring free handpicked workouts such as barre classes with WeBarre; yoga with Yoga+; and high intensity circuit workouts with F45. Participants who complete all classes will get a surprise from lululemon!
(Classes are free but you need to register at www.dbsmarinaregatta.com. Registration opens from 2 May 2017 onwards)
4) Battle Bay: Loved “Wipeout”? Get your chance to live it by navigating your way through Singapore’s largest inflatable water obstacle course featuring nine challenging obstacles over 11,000 square feet. Fastest timings for individuals and teams stand to win up to SGD 8,000 in cash prizes!
(For 16 years & above. Charges are SGD 10 per try, SGD 5 for students. To compete as a team, register atwww.dbsmarinaregatta.com)
5) Bay Dome: At 7.5 metres tall, experience SG’s largest interactive art dome where you can customise your own character and watch it come to life within the installation.
6) Play Dome: The nine-metre tall Play Dome will host fitness classes curated by lululemon during the day, and transforms into the DBSMR X Ultra Countdown Party on Friday and Saturday evening (2 & 3 June).
7) DBSMR X Ultra Countdown Party: Let your hair down and party in the exclusive countdown to Ultra Music Festival, the world’s premier electronic music festival. Feature three Ultra Music Festival deejays every night, such as Dubvision, Crossnaders, Raiden, Jade Rasif, Moe and Myrne. Partygoers also get a chance to win tickets to the Ultra Music Festival taking place the following weekend. In addition, DBS Live Fresh cardholders get priority access to the countdown party. The parties will take place on 2 & 3 June, from 7pm to 10pm.
(For 18 years and above. Charges are SGD 15 per entry, inclusive of a free drink at the Play Dome bar)
8) Bay Eats: In response to the amazing response last year, DBS MR will see The Local People returning to curate this year’s food village, which will feature stellar offerings from the award-winning “Neo-Sin” restaurant Labyrinth, French eatery Garçons, The BellJar, Leng Leng ice cream and more. Meals top out at SGD 15.
9) BayFest Shop: Perfect your festival look at the art market’s eclectic range of stores
10) Giant Games: For some light-hearted fun, try out Giant Games such as Giant Jenga, where players take turns removing one block at a time from a tower, or Giant Pick Up Sticks – a supersize take on the old-school game where you try to pick up a stick without moving any others in the pile.
11) Dragon Boating: The reason for the festival, the region’s finest dragon boaters, will once again battle it out in the heart of the city beneath the iconic Marina Bay skyline. For the first time in the history of the regatta, the 2017 edition will be introducing Dragon Boat Orientation Programmes to run on the first day, which will allow the public to try their hand at dragon boating.
DBS MARINA REGATTA 2017
Dates: 1 – 4 June 2017
Recommended Times: 4PM – 9PM (1 June); 10AM – 10PM (2, 3 & 4 June)
Price: Free admission
To find out more, please click HERE