Chinese New Year is just around the corner, and BBC has prepared an exciting lineup of programmes for you to watch while you feast and celebrate with family and friends!
BBC Earth (StarHub ch 407)
It’s a lunar bow-wow on BBC Earth with both Chinese New Year specials Chinese New Year – The Biggest Celebration on Earth and The Story of China, and pup-tastic shows such as The Secret Life of Dogs and The Wonderful World of Puppies. BBC has also spread the love to include the cat who did not make it in the Chinese Zodiac – check out The Wonderful World of Puppies and Kittens to follow our furry feline friends as they grow up.
BONUS Blue Planet II marathon – indulge in the dulcet tones of Sir David Attenborough and immerse yourself in the watery worlds of our blue planet. Blue Planet II has already been watched by over millions all over the world, and was ranked highest rated Natural History title in the UK in 2017.
· Chinese New Year – The Biggest Celebration on Earth: Thursday 15 Feb, 8-10.45pm
· The Secret Life of Dogs : Friday 16 Feb, 5.15-8pm
· The Wonderful World of Puppies and Kittens : BBC Player
· The Wonderful World of Puppies : Friday 16 Feb, 8-9.30pm
· The Story of China : Saturday 17 Feb, 5.15-8pm
· Blue Planet II : Sunday 18 Feb, 2.30-8.55pm
BBC Lifestyle (StarHub ch 432)
This Chinese New Year BBC Lifestyle pays homage to a very Asian staple, rice. Watch The Story of Rice and follow Irish celebrity chef, Rachel Allen as she learns more about the humble grain, in the Land of the Rice-ing Sun.
The festivities continue as we join Rick Stein in his gastronomic journeys through Southeast Asia and China in Rick Stein’s Far Eastern Odyssey and Rick Stein’s Taste of Shanghai. Whet your appetite further as you travel across the Indochinese peninsula with award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay in Gordon’s Great Escape (Series 2).
End off on a sweet note with Bake Off – Creme de la Créme (Series 1) instead of that 432nd pineapple tart you’re eyeing.
· The Story of Rice : Thursday 15 Feb, 11-11.55am
· Rick Stein’s Far Eastern Odyssey : Thursday 15 Feb and Friday 16 Feb, 11.55am – 2.30pm
· Rick Stein’s Taste of Shanghai : Friday 16 Feb, 11-11.55am
· Bake Off – Crème de la Crème (Series 1) : Saturday 17 Feb and Sunday 18 Feb, 11am – 2.40pm
· Gordon’s Great Escape (Series 2) : Monday 19 Feb, 11am – 2.20pm
CBeebies (StarHub ch 303)
CBeebies is celebrating the Year of the Dugg (Year of the Dog) with back-to-back episodes of Hey Duggee ! Our big huggable dog Duggee leads The Squirrel Club through fun adventures and challenges, ending every excursion with a great big Duggee Hug.
· Hey Duggee : Friday 16 Feb to Sunday 18 Feb, 11am-1pm, 6.40-8.40pm
For programme highlights and reviews, telecast times, links to BBC Apps, fun quizzes and more, please visit http://www.bbcasia.com/
For all things social:
Facebook: @BBCEarth, @CBeebiesAsia, @BBCPlayer
Woof, woof! Wishing Everyone a Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year of the Dog!